Saturday, September 18, 2010

Inactivity

hard to believe that I haven't done any beadwork in weeks; finishing Connor's cradle involved sewing the fabric so actual beadtime has been a month or almost 2...partly this is due to getting back into a new semester, my need to do research, a bunch of junk is piled in my office and actually blocks the cabinet where all my beads/fabrics/hides etc are stored, and I've been seriously under the weather after some traveling. I see no end in sight to these impediments...

Even though I do beadwork all year long I really think of it as a winter activity, best done on a Saturday while curled up on the couch watching old western movies. I don't really have any specific projects in mind but should eventually get to my new moccasins, could start a few things for xmas gifts, and really should prepare for a class I may be teaching at a local historical society in November.

Sometimes I look thru other people's blogs...seems everyone does scrapbooking, quilting, knitting etc but have found almost no other beading blogs to follow for inspiration....there are a few but they don't seem to post on a regular basis. I suppose I will eventually feel the urge to clear the path to the cabinet and wonder when that will be.

No comments: