Monday, July 4, 2011

Blanket strip pt 2

Each project has its own quirks and complications, particularly on the first try...I've had to make some adjustments to my project but its finally moving along. Initially I stretched the canvas in my large quilting frame as I did with Jameson's cradleboard cover, but this project is only using 3" of fabric and the house is busier in the summer; the frame is too large for this project and simply in the way of people and pets. So I cut the fabric down and placed in my smaller lap (11 x 17) frame, rolling up the excess fabric. This allows me to carry it outside to the deck (which is covered by a canvas gazebo and has lights, sound system, carpet and plants for a nice outdoor room) and also work on it from the couch.

I tacked down the rosettes and beaded around them with the larger, less precise dark blue beads that I've had sitting around for some time. I like the old time clunky feel of them, a good contrast to the other beads. I also used the dark blue to outline the strip and create a border (not seen in the old strips but it worked to help keep me from wandering too far out of alignment). Still have no ideas for any designs but am thinking and decided to use the light pink I got at Hobby Lobby for some contrast.

Strip is 64" in length with the rosettes covering 14", leaving 50" to two days I've covered 5" for a total of 10%....looks like this project will be slow going but I guess there is no real hurry.

No comments: