Tuesday, July 26, 2011

summer beading


am still working on my blanket strip project this summer; was making good progress but then I got a bit burned out...need to make 1 more medallion, attach and then finish beading around it. Am a little more than 1/2 done, its about 40" in length so far. Its getting a bit heavy on one side which makes it a little difficult to hold in my lap, even when its all rolled up.

I think I'm finally ready to get back to the work; final medallion should only take a day or two to complete. There's no hurry of course and time spent on this project means I'm not getting some other things done so I need better balance...I enjoy beading in the morning out on the back deck while it is still cool and my big Siamese cat loves to be out there, especially with me for company. Plus its easier to work outside with good light.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your beadwork is really stunning, Mik...I hope I get as good as you with this stich...Someday ;)