Monday, July 2, 2012

Checkbook

after spring semester ended I wrapped up some pending projects, including my checkbook cover. I have wanted one for some time and its rare that I keep anything for myself. It was my 1st effort so I learned some important lessons and perhaps I'll make another one for a friend who recently retired from her job (I still have yet to give her a retirement gift). I made a rosette (which is a bit clunky), attached to another layer of interfacing and beaded the rest. This was then attached to a nice piece of white deer hide (a soft split double suede). I also added a small silver feather charm. It is surprisingly heavy but I like the outcome. Its not as nice as ones you can buy at a gallery or on line but I think its a fair version and good enough for me!

No comments: